- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbs paprika
- One red pepper- diced or finely sliced
- One yellow pepper- diced or finely sliced
- Tin of plum tomatoes (roughly chopped)
- 4 eggs
- Heat oil in the skillet. Add paprika to colour the oil.
- Wait 10 secs then add onion and garlic. Fry until golden.
- Add peppers. When soft, add tomatoes.
- After a few minutes, break eggs into four wells. Season as needed.
- Raise the tripod skillet to avoid burning the mixture. Simmer for 10 mins using foil to cover the top of the skillet.
- Sprinkle with parsley/coriander. Serve with crusty bread.
A nice glass of wine goes well with this recipe…
Add cumin seeds with paprika and/or coriander. Chilli is a nice pep. And Kate always uses half a teaspoon of smoked hot paprika for some added VA VA Voom…